The Business Need:
The client, a global product company catering to leading financial institutions and banks, wanted to address their immediate need of automating high priority test cases.
The company, realizing that a business critical product rollout of this magnitude faced challenges in the area of testing, was looking for a solution in the automation of the test cases. In addition, reduced timelines and the scale of requirement coverage to meet UATs acceptance criteria necessitated automation of the regression test cases and using automation scripts for same.
Given the number of changes being incorporated due to the business raised, the company faced a number of additional challenges.
- Increasingly aggressive timelines and a pressure to reduce operational costs
- A need for operational scalability and stability
- A requirement for timely product and functional enhancements
- To reduce quality challenges in product release due to continuously changing requirements
Last Mile Solution:
Last Mile was engaged as the client’s automation partner. A session to understand existing framework was planned to ensure maximum reuse, for which a team of HP automation experts was deployed. Last Mile took complete ownership of test automation of the test cases based on the multiple functionalities of the product and according to the release schedule for the following applications:
- General Accounting
- Company Setup
The team comprised industry experienced domain experts from Banking and Financial Services, technology experts in HPs product suite, and Program Management experts. The team focused on ensuring that the clients quality processes were followed and providing recommendations for improvement.
Last Miles test automation framework included a keyword/action driven framework, a test repository of all test assets, a component based Development-Set of common DLLs, and a set of process improvements to reduce defect turnaround time.
After customizing and modifying the existing framework, the key business benefits Last Mile delivered to the client include:
- Easy to use framework, reducing the need of an automation expert
- Exception and Recovery Mechanisms
- Reusability, as it can be customized for use to any project
- Ability to integrate into various automation and test management tools
- Reduced time to market of new services and features
- Realized optimization and substantial cost savings
- Reduced cost of quality by offloading automation requirement
- Achievement of increased automation
- On-time delivery
Last Miles’s in-depth experience in domain led Testing thus benefitted the client to save cost, time, and improve quality.
Last Mile Team